Dermal Fillers Advanced picks up where Dermal Filler The Basics leaves of and is strictly for experienced injectors. This advanced course covers volumizing with HA and non-HA fillers. Detailed videos and technical discussions discuss products such as JuvÃ©derm Ultra, Restylane, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belafil and others. The focus of the course is strictly on Dermal Fillers, with detailed training on all commercially available FDA approved HA and Non-HA fillers from the leading manufacturers such as Allergan, Merz Pharma and Galderma. This 195 slide course covers volumizing of the Cheeks, Temples, Eye Troughs, Prejowl Sulcus, Chin, Submalar Area, Jaw, Lips and Hands. This course can usually be completed in 10 - 14 hours or less.
In addition to the videos, our didactic slides cover the science of fillers, what's in dermal fillers, HA vs non-HA fillers, the differences between the major brands and why you should use one or the other. We discuss all aspects of injecting fillers, dermal filler types, dermal fillers for under eyes, dermal fillers for the nose, dermal fillers for acne, dermal fillers for lips, dermal fillers for the jawline, and dermal filler side effects. We also discuss the various dermal filler injection techniques, and which you should use where.
This on-line course can be completed by most practitioners in 10-14 hours. Take at your own pace from your home or office. You have 3 full months to complete the training.
Natausha Spears, B.S., R.N. —Denise Merdich, MS, ARNP — Caryn Richman
Comprehensive, in-depth upper face instruction, animated voice over explanations plus in depth written information, downloadable PDFs.
Dermal Advanced puts you in the big leagues with a full repertoire of skills and techniques at your disposal to expand your practice and achieve success!
illustrations to teach and guide you
Take it over and over until passing score is achieved.
This activity is jointly provided by Medical Education Resources and SuperVision, Inc.
Your 14 CME Hours
After completing this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Administer advanced dermal fillers to the lower face.
- Describe the normal aging process and its impact on volume depletion and the development of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Categorize the characteristics and differences associated with non-hyaluronic acid and hyaluronic acid fillers, and recognize the different technology used to formulate each.
- Describe the process of mixing dermal fillers with lidocaine prior to injecting.
- Explore individual variations and gender differences as they apply to injections of dermal fillers.
- Examine patients for appropriate use of dermal fillers by reviewing their physical history, goals & expectations, and potential challenges.
- Describe the written informed consent process for treatment and verbal post treatment instructions to patients.
- Review the most commonly used fillers in the United States, and determine which filler is best suited for certain areas of the face.
- Summarize the neuroanatomy and neurophysiology of the facial musculature, as well as underlying vessels for advanced filler injections.
- Describe the injection techniques for common patient concerns of nasolabial folds, marionette lines, downturned mouth, mental crease, perioral lines, and introduction to lip augmentation.
- Explain the etiology and management of complications of dermal filler injections and how to avoid undesired or adverse outcomes.